When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Speedometer inaccurate?

-

Tim the Skid

Skidding on my '41 Schwinn Autocycle
Took the red Whiz out this evening to check some rewiring I did on the Bi-Lite system and run some new gas through my rebuilt carb. I noticed the speedo wouldn't get above 22-23 mph, though it felt much faster. I had a neighbor pace me in his truck and he said we were doing 38 mph. LOL. so the speedo needs some help, but the lights and fresh carb are working great.

Start with the speedo drive wheel and basket , could be binding .spacer may be the answer .

I already checked that Gary. It climbs steady until about 22 or 23 mph, then it wobbles and even jumps back and forth from about 16 to 22 even though I'm accelerating and can feel the bike gaining speed. I think it's internal in the housing.

I already checked that Gary. It climbs steady until about 22 or 23 mph, then it wobbles and even jumps back and forth from about 16 to 22 even though I'm accelerating and can feel the bike gaining speed. I think it's internal in the housing.
That's the next step, housing , or internals need to be gone through...

Back