When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Speedster kickstand help

-
Sometimes finding the right stand can be a real PITA. Looking at this parts page it seems the 27" and 26" lightweights have a different stand. The length and bends are critical. The one for the Manta may be a closer match. Here's the 1962 parts page but like I said, the numbers were stamped on the stands at a later time.

62parts20b.jpg

And now for the exciting conclusion...

As it turns out, the stand from my 1948 DX does fit. The bend is probably not perfect - the bike seems to stand a bit more upright than I would expect. But it's stable, and swings out of the way, unlike the one from the Corvette. It hangs a bit away from the stay, but not unlike the 'Vette. I wasn't even going to try this, except that I just installed a drop stand on the DX (didn't really buy it for that bike, but was hoping it would work). Figured now was the time to give it a try. I may eventually try a 349, since I don't know if I'll keep the drop stand on the DX, or use it for the dream ratter in my head (that will most likely stay in my head).

IMG_3947.jpg

IMG_3948.jpg

IMG_3949.jpg

Back