When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Speedster??

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

mickeyc

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
Does this look like a real Speedster? Can't find anything online that has that chain guard on a ballooner.

Looks like a 90's Cruiser Deluxe to me that has had a lot taken away and a lot added. That Chinese fork yoke is always a dead give away. I also suspect it's a MW frame even with balloon tires on it.

AFAIK there was no Speedster ballooner ever, only middleweights and lightweights.

The frame, chainwheel, crank, chainguard, handlebars and grips could be about like my 61 Speedster, or probably any 59-61 middleweight speedster. The handlebars suggest 61(?). If that is the case, the chainguard graphics are all wrong.

Also if that is the case, the fenders are wrong (should be painted and no ducktail), the rack is wrong (none installed from factory, also looks wrong for the period), the tank is wrong (shouldn't have one), the fork is wrong (its either later or repro, and a speedster wouldn't have had one anyway). Pedals have reflectors (wrong) and are bow-type, probably for a more expensive bike.

Additionally in that case it would be a middleweight frame, and the rims should be chrome S7 middleweight rims, not ballooner.

A picture of the serial number would sort out whether it is the right period to be a Speedster. We still won't know for sure as the Speedster's frame was used on several models.

Here's mine. Painnted fenders are missing, wrong pedals, wrong saddle (but close). Other than those things, it is fairly representative.

wectmeg-jpg-jpg-jpg.jpg

Last edited:
Back