When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Speedwell bike w/airplane on badge, what year?

-

HEMI426

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
My unbelievably lucky friend was just driving home from work yesterday and someone was cleaning out a house and barn, putting all this junk out to the street for free, he stopped and took some bike's and old tin toys. He just called and asked if I had heard of a Speedwell bike w/planes on the badge. I did a Cabe search but didn't find that badge. He's sending me a pic of it later today. I found emblem Speedwell but no planes. What year would have the planes? Thanks if you can help.

Here's the only pic he sent me.

Resized_51093(1).jpeg

This is a complete guess, but I'd hope for a late 30s to late 40s Schwinn to be attached to that badge. That's what the screw spacing makes me think. Arch of the truss rods look prewar Schwinn to me too, but this is complete speculation with such little info to go on.

My 37 Schwinn Speedwell has a different badge, but was sold in Pittsburgh's North Side where the Logan Gregg hardware was located

Back