When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Spiegal May Stern Co help ID

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

jacob9795

I live for the CABE
Does anyone have any pictures of a complete Spiegal May Stern Co badged motobike? I found a frame and I can’t find any complete examples.

FE53968A-6C43-4EB3-B789-A7ED2F3680E6.jpeg

CEE008F0-056C-4677-80AB-5EEBA4F742BD.jpeg

There are no other examples my friend! Searches result in a big zero...this is why it is offered up at $750!!:D
Spiegel May Stearn was the Chicago Mail order company that specialized in Hardware, home furnishings and clothing in the early 1900's. I have seen no other example of this frame with this particular badge. Schwinn's are everywhere. This motobike frame is one of a kind and a survivor. I also believe that SM&S preceded the Spiegel Co, the May co stores and perhaps the Stern family of the Sears mail order/retail outfit owned by Edgar Stern and now his son Lessing Stern, who I know personally. Hopefully, the frame and seat will allow some clues to how it was built up. skpc

Last edited:
Thanks. My ADHD won’t let me piece back together a rare bicycle these days.
That guy had some great stuff. I bought a prewar Schwinn moto frame from them. Great people. I started piling things on a list, then realized, what the heck was I going to do with a bunch of expensive lone prewar bicycle parts.

Oh really Mr Froggy? I am happy for you bud. Unfortunately, the pictures above you used are not yours, and if you had something to say or ask about, perhaps you should have said them or asked about it on my For Sale Post where those pictures came from. It's ok, but you should have asked questions or made comments in my post. But instead, you prepare your own version of reality and somehow convinced yourself that you are smarter than everyone and created your own thread. Perhaps you wouldn't mind if I posted a link to the frame you want to know so much about that is worth every penny of what I have it posted for. No one is asking your opinion about the price that I deem fair either..
Oh, and by the way Mr. Frog man, I am not making a dime on anything I post on this website. For those that see anything I post for sale in the next few weeks, rest assured it is going to a good cause, and is priced fairly IMO.

Last edited:
I’m confused but let me explain something. I bought a bike from someone on eBay and I asked them if they had anything else and the seller sent me pictures via text message of some frames and other parts. This frame was one of them, I told the seller what I thought the other frames were but I couldn’t find any info on this one so I posted a thread here. I was going to buy some random parts just to have but I couldn’t justify spending the money so I passed, from a personal standpoint. I was going to buy some frames but I didn’t want to put the effort into finding the parts right now. The eBay seller is:
angiesatticandcoset2

The same person has an account here:
patmcclerren2

This was around December 30th.
I hope there is some clarification, I’m not sure how this went south

No worries mate, it explains the situation better. I am just trying to help he and his wife, some friends of mine, get a fair price for the stuff they have and it crossed paths obviously. Appreciate the reply though and it clears my confusion up. I did not know he sent you those pics as he has been trying to sell a few things... You handled this well and I appreciate it. I take back calling you Mr. Froggy!
If anyone does know anything more about this frame or has opinions, I encourage comments on the for sale post. Thanks again for your post above^^^^^^.pete

Last edited:
Back