When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Spoke nipple "pull up tool" (photos needed)

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
SALUDOS @ TODOS.!!!βœŒοΈπŸ€βœŒοΈπŸ‘

Besides my (S.! STELL spokes)
I Think I HAVE MY,( πŸ‘€RESERVITAAπŸ‘€). (D.B.)SPKS.!
Nice Topic.!!!...βœŒοΈπŸ€πŸ‘

πŸ«£πŸ«£πŸ‘€πŸ‘€πŸ«£πŸ«£πŸ«΅ πŸ‘ βœŒοΈπŸ‘€

20230309_114643.jpg

20230309_114708.jpg

20230309_114713.jpg

Have @ GREAT, &. BEAUTIFUL DAY W.F.!&F.!

Last edited:
John - Would you consider doing this in a video ? Your instructions are excellent but I'm a visual learner and it would be helpful to see it being done along with the verbal explanation.
First, I'm also a visual guy, I learn a lot of metal working tips by just watching YouTube video's, "with the volume turn off". If I see something or a good technique, I usually can retain at least the important steps. I'm sure many of you are the same.

I'm not a digital guy, so I would require some help to do a video.

If we get through this class, without "too many" opinion arguments, and I'm still alive, we can talk about it. My main concern is that I can inspire some of you to try some new ideas, not lose the interest of the guys that already understand all this stuff, and still keep the average student learning without "losing them" in all of the minutia we are tossing on the wall. It's a very large subject, and it requires a lot of focus, but in the end, it should be very rewarding. Building wheels is not an Art Form as some would want you to believe. It's just common sense and a little patience. The hard part is you have to keep four balls in the air while you're juggling.

John

OK, Anybody with an old 1969-72 Schwinn Service Manual, I need a photo posted for the wheel truing discussion night.

It's in Volume 2, Page 634, Figure #32 shows the very old-style Schwinn wheel centering gauge in use. This would be helpful to understanding how it is used, and a good photo for those students wanting to fabricate one for their home shop.

Thanks
John

OK, Anybody with an old 1969-72 Schwinn Service Manual, I need a photo posted for the wheel truing discussion night.

It's in Volume 2, Page 634, Figure #32 shows the very old-style Schwinn wheel centering gauge in use. This would be helpful to understanding how it is used, and a good photo for those students wanting to fabricate one for their home shop.

Thanks
John

Ask and thou shall receive..........

69RepairWheels633.jpg

69RepairWheels634.jpg

Than
Thank you for your help. We will cover that subject in a couple of days.

John

You forgot # 6

Great idea for a thread BTW !

View attachment 1801183

View attachment 1801184
Tool #6 is way over our class budget, we might need a sponsor.

The Phil spoke cutter/threader is a very nice pro level tool, you will never wear it out. We had one in our shop and built all our high end wheels. It really cuts down on the spoke sizes needed for inventory. Just stock the popular sizes, and "extra long" spokes that can be custom cut to size. We ended up just using Wheelsmith spokes to reduce the inventory further. The Phil spoke calculator is also a nice tool. I really liked their rim diameter measuring rods.

I appreciate the photo.

John

Last edited:
Back