When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Spoke Shortage

-

Freqman1

Riding a '37 Dayton Super Streamline
So I'm doing a bike for a customer and need some standard 10 5/8" stainless spokes. Used to on Ebay there were no shortage of vendors selling these in bulk. Now I find one listing (Dan-bicyclebones) for $50 for one set. This set actually needs to be a straight set for a Schwinn middleweight but I'd like to find about three or four wheels worth of double butted for other projects. Anyone got a source? V/r Shawn

At the beginning of the pandemic I picked up 500+ SS double butted 10 5/8 spokes and then noticed a couple months later that spokes were getting scarce.

anything metal is scarce. we had to wait 12 weeks to get the roll up doors repaired in our new building at work due to issues getting parts. all sorts of things are getting scarce and or more expensive. metal is but one.

I just bought spokes from Bicycle heaven on Ebay so I went to look and they only have two listings for spokes

-----

wonder if this means more of us shall resort to "rolling our own" from spokes which we know to be too long for the job at hand, trim them to length and then roll new threads - tedious

probably have a ton or two of "scrap metal" in me workshop...

perhaps we should all be buying stock in Dratwerk...

-----

-----

THERE IS A MAN NAMED BILL WOODWARD OR WOOD WOODWORTH THAT ALWAYS CAME TO PORTLAND MEET IN IND.
I DON'T HAVE ANY NUMBER TO CONTACT HIM. NOT ON THE CABE.
AND GEORGR MONTY LIKE WISE. NOT ON THE CABE.
TRY POSTING INQUIRIES ON THE CABE FOR SOMEONE WHO MIGHT HAVE INFO.
WES

Last edited:
anything metal is scarce. we had to wait 12 weeks to get the roll up doors repaired in our new building at work due to issues getting parts. all sorts of things are getting scarce and or more expensive. metal is but one.

I just bought spokes from Bicycle heaven on Ebay so I went to look and they only have two listings for spokes

What's he charging these days? I paid $0.20 each with nipples for SS double butted.

you need one of these to roll vintage.

1631157703188.png

Back