When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Spokes! Spokes! And More Spokes!

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

oldfart36

Riding One Of My Monark Super Deluxe's
I must admit, I'm a little over whelmed with this one!
Recently picked a gentlemen's garage that passed not long ago. One thing I ended up with is a ton of spokes, some still in original boxes. Seems most are Torrington, or National. Sizes seem to be from small tricycles all the up to 28". The pictures only show about half of them.
Need input from a "Spoke Guru"!! I'll never use all these! If I do decide to sell, values, etc. Thanks.

20171226_121353.jpg
20171226_121800.jpg
20171226_124040.jpg

Some condition issues in there...sold ebay listings are your friend. The unknowns will set the market value when the auctions end. Less 20% off the top for eBay/PayPal fees...why not list some in the Parts for Sale forum and see what interest there is for them?

Misc. spoke size lots are hard to move for much cash. Good for either your own stock or find someone trying to stock a Torrington spoke cabinet for display. Still not much value from my experience. The desirable sizes are the 26/28” as I’m sure you know. Not too many people building wheels smaller than that.

28" spokes = gold; most LBS's do not carry them, and the ones that do, will be closed by the end of 2018, unless they own the building they are in...........

I scored a million (give or take) newer spokes, and used up almost all of the 26&28 sizes, building 26" balloon tire wheels and 28" velocity blunts for cabe members.

The real money is in building wheels with them. For some reason, a lot of people think it's beyond their abilities, and bike stores don't want to do it anymore.

Your Torringtons might bring a good price, since they're old and original replacements.

Back