When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sports Wheel Speciality Co. "Bike-Mag"

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Vbushnell

Finally riding a big boys bike
IMG_0943.JPG
IMG_0944.JPG
IMG_1610.JPG
IMG_1611.JPG
IMG_1612.JPG
Here are a few pics of two wheels I built for a stingray collector. You have probably seen these kits for sale on eBay. They are typically new old stock and a little expensive. not included in the kit you must have a S2 20" wheel with the single red ban bendix hub. You have to Remove the spokes. Reposition flange on the hub. And put the wheel together. Easy to follow. One wheel pictured was chromed. The other wheel was black chrome.

I wish the kits weren't 3-400 bucks. Ouch. They look nice though.

I really, really want one of those but the originals are just too much for me to spend on one single part. Jaxon was reproducing them at one time but isn't doing any currently. If enough people show interest in them maybe he will start making them again.

I have built a few of these original wheels and I did not have to move the flange. They will only line up one way. To do it put the first mag plate on one side of the hub. Then put the other one on the other side of the hub and match up the plates. Now see if the hub hole line up. If not turn the second mag plate spoke one spot and see if they line up. There are 5 ways to line up each side of the plate or 10 different ways. Only one will line up. So just rotate the second plate until all holes line up. The plates are cut exactly the same but with a odd number of hub holes they can be offset. If any of that makes sense....lol. I did repop these but had a hard time selling them. The originals work with the Schwinn s2 rims. The spoke holes in the rim strip are drilled for that rim only. Mine you had to drill the rim strip holes. I mounted one in a Murray MO mfg rim and it worked. I tried mounting one in a huffy rim and the inside diameter was a little smaller and had a hard time to get it trued. I never did get it trued. My mags needed to be chromed or powdercoated as they were just steel. I think people want a plug and play item more then fabing something. The best use I have seen for these mag plates is on a Schwinn disc brake wheel. The hub holes are the same size as a red band hub. Nice upgrade on a disc brake krate. I have been getting a lot of requests to make more Top Fueler Drag Forks so when I get the plates cut for them I could have some more mag plates and rim strips cut. Maybe around April or May I could get to them.

Both of these wheels look killer in Chrome. I can't make up my mind which one I like more. Great Job on both wheels!

Thanks for the input Jaxson. Sounds like your level of expertise on these custom wheel is light years past my own just to add to your comments the flange was easy to remove and re align the small holes on each side on the hub . I Used the removed spokes to make sure holes were straight. I have one more kit. Which was my payment for building and cordnating the chrome work on the other two wheels. This is what they look like without extra step $$$ of chrome . I plan to polish this wheel when complete. I would be interested in purchasing a set made by you.

Thanks again
Van Bushnell.
IMG_1629.JPG
IMG_1628.JPG

I have a NOS mag and I need to put it together. Just not sure what bike it should go on. Or maybe just display the mag wheel.
Thanks for the info, I have never put one together before but I think I will give it a shot.

DSC03743_zps2dab2d11.jpg

Back