When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sports Wheel Speciality Co. "Bike-Mag"

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
He
Are the circle of holes on the disc hub a larger diameter then the mag holes? Can you line up one hole with the mag and Hub? I wouldn't do anything to the mag now that it is chromed. Do you think the disc guts will fit in a red band hub?
y
Are the circle of holes on the disc hub a larger diameter then the mag holes? Can you line up one hole with the mag and Hub? I wouldn't do anything to the mag now that it is chromed. Do you think the disc guts will fit in a red band hub?
Hi thank you for responding, I was hoping you had the answers I needed. The holes in the mag wheel are smaller then the diameter on the hub, a Bendix hub interchange wouldn't help because the square cutout section for mounting the disc brake is a larger opening them the mag and bolt pattern provide, so the mag opening needs to be cut larger to accommodate the disc mounting surface, square section then new bolt holes, and other side were spoke protector and gear cluster assemble is fine diameter wise but again needs new holes drilled into the hub. Unfortunately I don't see another way, if I switch to the Bendix hub the disc mounting surface area is larger then the Bendix hub mag mounting would be. I can't grind the corners of the disc rotor mount surface so the mag would sit flat but then I have nothing for the rotor to lock into position. So the only way I see is to enlarge center hole and drill new holes into hub and one plate. It's worth the effort when I'm done I'll post pictures of my bike, it's an impressive example of a krate. I trying to assemble the ultimate original unrestored Apple krate.

He

y

Hi thank you for responding, I was hoping you had the answers I needed. The holes in the mag wheel are smaller then the diameter on the hub, a Bendix hub interchange wouldn't help because the square cutout section for mounting the disc brake is a larger opening them the mag and bolt pattern provide, so the mag opening needs to be cut larger to accommodate the disc mounting surface, square section then new bolt holes, and other side were spoke protector and gear cluster assemble is fine diameter wise but again needs new holes drilled into the hub. Unfortunately I don't see another way, if I switch to the Bendix hub the disc mounting surface area is larger then the Bendix hub mag mounting would be. I can't grind the corners of the disc rotor mount surface so the mag would sit flat but then I have nothing for the rotor to lock into position. So the only way I see is to enlarge center hole and drill new holes into hub and one plate. It's worth the effort when I'm done I'll post pictures of my bike, it's an impressive example of a krate. I trying to assemble the ultimate original unrestored Apple krate.
You seemed to be the only person with real experience with these kits so was hoping you've done a disc krate or knew of exams I could look at. I've only seen one krate picture. So I'm gonna set out to fabricate what I need just wished I did it and knew this before chroming, I don't realize the one on the cabe from last year had been modified prior to posting for sale I misunderstood that in original configuration it would fit a disc brake assembly so I sent it out for chroming. Ohh well it will still look awesome.

I have seen the grey ghost or cotton picker with the disc brake mag. I thought it would bolt right up to that hub.. I see the square part you are talking about. It has a bevel behind it also before the flat part of the hub. I made so mags to fit the 5 speed hubs but the offset gave me problems. Someone in California bought one from me and cut it to fit a 3 speed hub. This will be so cool when you get it done. The chrome really makes the mag pop. It will be the ultimate Krate when it is finished

Back