When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Spotted On Craigslist

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Sigh1961

Finally riding a big boys bike
Found this on craigslist. seller wants $225. it's in excellent condition paint and decal wise, but can't see the derailer. Any idea what year this is? Seller doesn't say.

00A0A_6bIDwFobI4D_1200x900.jpg

Looks like an '80 to me. Those decals are usually shot but this one looks nice. It does have weinmann shorty fenders on it, but i think 225 is pretty high for an 80s era Varsity.

Looks like an '80 to me. Those decals are usually shot but this one looks nice. It does have weinmann shorty fenders on it, but i think 225 is pretty high for an 80s era Varsity.
Just spoke to the seller. He is willing to take $150. Rockford is 3 hours away, but I have a friend that will go pick it up for me and hold it till I get up there

You picked the bikes I would have gone for. I notice you're all over the place on frame sizes. The Conti is a 26" and this varsity looks to be 22". Quite a difference.

here's a link to Schwinn catalogs. You can identify the probable year of the bikes you're interested in.

http://schwinncruisers.com/catalogs/

Me too. It's fixable even if it is, but it might warrant lowering the price.
My friend went and looked at the bike, and the fork is bent. He said it looked like it was bent right where it goes into the head tube. I think I am going to pass on this one, just too much hassle to get it home, and I didn't realize it was only a 22". It sure looks nice, tho.

Back