When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Spotting a vintage bicycle addict

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
I suspect this isn't a case of saving money for the next bike as it is a consequence of having just blown all your money on the last bike. You clearly need help but I don't think you're going to find it here. When you start spending the better part of a week's pay on head badges for bikes you don't even own then you really know you have a problem...
tenor (6).gif

Here is a pic of the pants I wore yesterday next to the pants Im wearing now.....and no they didnt start out with holes. I have never been one to be prone to vanity of any kind and will usually wear a pair of shoes for 10+ years and pants for 2-3+ years until my wife throws them away.
I wont spend 20 bucks on a pair of pants but I just spent 75 bucks an hour ago on a seat for one of my bikes.

Some might say this is a priority issue, and while that is partially true, I dont care one bit to have nice clothes because at the end of the day, that stuff doesnt mean anything to me. So yeah....correcting and completing my bike means more to me than my own well being.

View attachment 1391782
Man those jus' start wearin' comfortable at that stage! I have jeans with holes in the knees that look like I was moto racing, jeans with crotch holes (good air circulation is Really Important), throw in grease stains, paint (both house & rattle can) & like you said; fancy clothes don't mean a damn thing!
I buy Walmart Levis at about $16.98+taxes but I have Rustlers & Wranglers that seem to last the longest if not ripped on anything.

Fact is Real men don't give a damn about lookin' Good for Anyone but a woman or a special event for Family & Good Friends!

Reason being we're men & we know with passionate hobbies "You're going to get dirty, that's what they make soap & water for, & if you aren't getting dirty then you're not doing it right!
This Country should take Pride in that as that is how it was built ;)

Man those jus' start wearin' comfortable at that stage! I have jeans with holes in the knees that look like I was moto racing, jeans with crotch holes (good air circulation is Really Important), throw in grease stains, paint (both house & rattle can) & like you said; fancy clothes don't mean a damn thing!
I buy Walmart Levis at about $16.98+taxes but I have Rustlers & Wranglers that seem to last the longest if not ripped on anything.

Fact is Real men don't give a damn about lookin' Good for Anyone but a woman or a special event for Family & Good Friends!

Reason being we're men & we know with passionate hobbies "You're going to get dirty, that's what they make soap & water for, & if you aren't getting dirty then you're not doing it right!
This Country should take Pride in that as that is how it was built ;)

Excuse me Sir, says a well dressed man as he walks around the bum on the street corner holding out a refried bean can waiting for hand outs. :joycat:

Excuse me Sir, says a well dressed man as he walks around the bum on the street corner holding out a refried bean can waiting for hand outs. :joycat:
See that is the difference with wise men & fools; I ask for no hand outs, horse trade - barter my skills, talents, & or hard labor .... I have fed less fortunate but I have played the fool to give them $ to watch them drink it foolishly too.

You can be on top of the world 1 minute & under it's feet the next.

Back