When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Spring Fork Identification

-

patmcclerren2

Finally riding a big boys bike
Hello all, I have a fork that is very unique and of the 20 or so people I have asked nobody has been able to identify it, it is a very heavy solid tube fork and the fork tubes have hinges at the top of the fork tubes and there is a pretty heavy steel leaf spring for the springer suspension that doubles as a fender

Hello all, I have a fork that is very unique and of the 20 or so people I have asked nobody has been able to identify it, it is a very heavy solid tube fork and the fork tubes have hinges at the top of the fork tubes and there is a pretty heavy steel leaf spring for the springer suspension that doubles as a fender
That fork is beautiful! Maybe some of the other cabe members will chime in. You're a lucky man! :cool:
Sounds like a potential Dayton fork. I had one that I sold. This is a pic of the one that I sold.

IMG_0004.JPG

IMG_0009.JPG

IMG_0021.JPG

IMG_0043.JPG

Last edited:
A fender that doubles as a leaf spring - veeeerrry cool ! I've never seen anything like it. Unusual inventions like that often had a patent number stamped somewhere. Have a look around, you might find it hiding under some dirt or paint. Whether you find the number or not, you might find the patent by searching the US patent office or Google Patents. If you can find the patent that will provide the age, and if you're lucky maybe the company that made it.
Good luck!

Back