When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Springer disassembly

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

JLarkin

Wore out three sets of tires already!
I think I know how to take this apart. I can compress the upper and lower spring mounts in a vise. The question is once it's painted, how can I put it back together without hacking it up? If someone knows a procedure I would sure be interested to learn.

Attachments

• IMG_0361.JPG
    IMG_0361.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 61
Getting closer. I think the lower legs unscrew and then the spring can be slipped out. However it's going to take another night soaking in PB Blaster before I get the nerve to twist on it.

I don't remember all the details, but they come all apart without any fuss or special tools. don't get all crazy and start using a hammer!:D
I think I pulled the pins out at the back and it fell apart from there.

fork disassembly

The one I took apart I had to hold the lower base beneath the spring with a vice grips and turn out the lower strut rod. Similar procedure on the top side and then remove the spring.

Thanks for the suggestions. I used them all. Here is a step-by-step pictorial of what I did:

Photo 1 - knocked the pins out.
Photo 2 - Removed lower legs.
Photo 3 - Removed upper legs.
Photo 4 - Exploded view of all parts. The spring still has a threaded insert in the upper end that is non-removable.

Patience and alot of PB Blaster did the trick.

Attachments

• IMG_0363.JPG
    IMG_0363.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 26
  • IMG_0364.JPG
    IMG_0364.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 18
  • IMG_0365.JPG
    IMG_0365.JPG
    920.2 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_0366.JPG
    IMG_0366.JPG