When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

springer fork age?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Shawn Michael

Wore out three sets of tires already!
Hi, I bought these forks from a friend as part of a trade. My intention was to use them on a 50's straight bar project, but I'm unsure of the age. They look like they

are from the 1940's by the dropouts? They are missing the correct pivot bolt and the Springer bolt is incorrect too. I did get some AS bolts for the for the top with it. Let me know what you think.
Shawn M.

Looks like early post war and should work with a '50s schwinn no problem. The length of the steer tube post war are all the same length I think

I was messing with my Phantom today and the first thing I noticed on yours is the drop out is on the right and mine is on the left. Most that I have seen have the drop out on the left and hole on the right. Your fork is a post war piece and the steer tubes were all the same length including the girls.
Not sure if anything in this tread will answer any questions, but it's somewhat interesting and Tinker has a good line up ;)

It's been a long time since I had a springer fork apart but your comments bring up a couple of questions. If you don't have the correct pivot bolt, does the bolt that you're using thread into the one leg of the fork or did you use a bolt that slides through both legs and you secured it with a nut. If it's just a bolt that goes through, could the legs of the fork be interchanged side for side?

I was spreading my Phantom fork leg to take out the wheel and I swear the leg with the axle hole is threaded for the pivot bolt. I had to unscrew the pivot bolt to pull that fork leg out.

Back