When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Springer Fork Issues

-

Phrank Vee

Finally riding a big boys bike
Hello. Does anyone have a springer yolk, and or spring for a Huffman springer fork, or something that can keep my 26” boys Huffman looking vintage. My blaster messed up, and i don't want to powder coat the entire fork, spring, yolk

Im in a major jam and appreciate any suggestions, advice on how to bring back steel?

Are prewar springs and yolks parts interchangeable with other pre/post war brands?
Thanks

E855BAE7-7BC1-48FB-B530-13154884B2F9.png

Sometimes I like to follow sand blasting with Rust-Oleum primer and paint; perhaps different colors for various pieces?

I have seen some good results with metal polishing. Will have a dull aged luster. I had some rims blasted and polished. They looked great on an original bike. I think you have to clear coat or the parts will start to tarnish pretty fast.

I have seen some good results with metal polishing. Will have a dull aged luster. I had some rims blasted and polished. They looked great on an original bike. I think you have to clear coat or the parts will start to tarnish pretty fast.
Thanks man

I might have the parts...pre or post war or are they different? I believe my fork is prewar...

Hello. Does anyone have a springer yolk, and or spring for a Huffman springer fork, or something that can keep my 26” boys Huffman looking vintage. My blaster messed up, and i don't want to powder coat the entire fork, spring, yolk

Im in a major jam and appreciate any suggestions, advice on how to bring back steel?

Are prewar springs and yolks parts interchangeable with other pre/post war brands?
Thanks

View attachment 1456979
Thanks Everyone. Found my parts!

Back