When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Springer fork

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
D

djwak59

Hi everybody,

I would like to add a springer fork to my 26", generic beach cruiser.

I've seen alot of really cool ones from the various classic bikes. But it seems that the only ones readily available are the repo Schwinn with the one spring, or the repo Monark with the two springs.

My questions for you all,.....does either give a better ride ?

How difficult are they to put on ?

Would I have to also buy new fenders ?

Do you know if a certain manufacturer makes a better springer, should I stay away from any in particular ?

Thanks for any replies !

sprung

If it is for a newer generic cruiser, maybe try a springer from a Kustom Kruiser or Electra. They are the Schwinn style. I have one on my KK Roadster. It has performed well with the exception that it needs a drop of lubricant every other season, otherwise squeak, squeak squeak.

111807roadster010-1.jpg

111807roadster011-1.jpg
:D

Thanks for the tip.

Nice stretch cruiser !

Any other replies anyone ?

ok in order,
the Schwinn style works better all around though the Monark type looks cool.

Both styles are relatively easy to install.

it depends on the width of your fenders, wider fenders may interfere with the struts on either type.

I think if you are willing to spend the money the best one would be to find one of the centennial edition Phantom forks, they're built like the old ones. the rest of them I'm not certain but I had one of the Pyramid ones and it worked fine and the chrome was good.
:D:D:D:D

Thanks for the info fleetwood.

I'll agree with ya on that Monark fork looking nicer !

Back