When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Springer pivot bolts, leading link, 50's Monarch

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
D

dogsridewith

Maybe someone here would be kind enough to offer suggestions for my search. The apparent original bolt, of the four required, is a 5/16 thread shoulder bolt with a 7/16 diameter shoulder about 5/32 long. Bolt length, excluding head, per convention, is about .570 inch. Shallow hex head is .630 across flats.
I suspect similar bolts used on other springers. I would use any alternative fastener arrangement that provides similar function. Hopefully won't have to cut short bushings out of tube to fit over 5/16 bolts.
Thanks.

If you brought these bolts in to a good hardware store,do you think they would have them or were these some special bolt made only for this application?

bolts

I may have some extras around here - I'll check.

I checked but have no extras, only a set of four in a fork.

Last edited:
Are unusual shoulder bolts

The shoulder is unusual (outside of old cruisers, that is) for being so short and for 7/16 diameter...very unlikely to find in a hardware store. I emailed a couple special-fasteners sites, and got only one response...which was no-have.
Gordon, you didn't hint that that fork was for sale.
Everyone, I'm sort of hoping for a suggestion of where to search. Lots of old bikes had springers and lost or wore out the pivot bolts. Isn't there a company that specializes in small and/or NOS and/or unusual bike parts? (Maybe it is more towards road bikes than old cruisers?)

bolts

Have you tried calling the guys at Memory Lane Classics? They have a ton of stuff that isn't on their website. It would be worth a phone call - you may get lucky.

Back