When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Springer ski-bike

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Just so you know…The ski bike was built from a prewar Cleveland Welding frame and springer. The frame is the straight stay/curved down tube version of the 3-Gill which is one of the less common versions (4 versions) of the prewar 3-Gill frame. This version turns up but was never pictured in CWC literature. The frame dates to 1940-1942 and the serial number could narrow that down further but it looks like that was sacrificed to the BB weld.

It looks like the springer could be unbolted from the assembly but, in my opinion, the frame isn’t rare enough to cut and grind out of the rear ski carriage and the whole thing is probably cooler as it sits than it would be returned to the wheel world. In fact, that gives me some ideas for my extra Supreme frame…

Thanks for the info Phil! I've sort of been on the fence about resurrecting this one or just leaving it as a neat relic. The only reason I'm tempted to bring it back to life as a 2-wheeler is that I don't currently have any pre-war boys CWC springer bikes, and I want one...Maybe we should leave it up to the members...Snow Master or Road Master????

i vote ski-bike. never rode one..
but i do snowboard.
i like to try a ride on a ski-bike.

So, 3 votes for "Snow Master" , Zero votes for road master...I'm still leaning towards bringing her back to the streets...

When you ride one of these, do you wear ski's or what? Might be fun...

It looks like something out of a Dr. Suess book. I love it! I say leave it alone.

Leave it alone. Maybe just a repaint and a prewar big spring seat. How many people can brag they have a ski-bike vs. a bike with 2 wheels like everyone else?

Back