When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sprint With Chrome Fork ?

-

Dale Alan

I live for the CABE
I have been looking for images of the Sprint with chrome fork . Starting to think this may not be an all original bike. Any ideas ?
IMG_0200.JPG

See the paint loss on the tops of both the top tube and the down tube right behind where they intersect the head tube?
I'm thinking that this bike took a front end impact that ruined the front fork and bent the frame tubes.
The frame was probably straightened but the fork was replaced with this chrome one.

I could just be me but it looks like the top tube has a little tweak to it at the head tube lugs. Front end collision? Hence then typical Schwinn replacement fork you see.

Now that you point it out I can see it . I thought it looked a little funky ,fork seemed steep to me too. Thanks for the input.

the low-trail fork is still going to make that "modified" geometry ride-able. It's going to steer a little faster than before. As long as there are no cracks, it will probably keep riding.

Back