When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sprucing up the Silver Rat

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

partsguy

Riding a '38 Autocycle Deluxe
This is a bike that has not seen hardly any love since the blue Radiobike arrived. I am doing a bunch of little things to get it ready for spring. This was a 1966 Huffy Silver Jet in very poor condition. I now call it the ‘66 Silver Rat

- Rear fender dents hammered out
- License plate bracket made and ‘66 Dayton plate added
- Return spring for carrier repaired and tension adjusted
- Lots of OG hardware cleaner, de-rusted, and clear coated
- Rear wheel alignment yet to be done
- Re-chromed emblems will have details painted, in some combo of black and white or black and red
- I also want to buy one of the new reproduction tail lights on eBay for the rack

I will keep you guys posted!

22C12CD1-971D-4771-9695-20D4B780AFC4.jpeg

92BF2F83-271A-492F-8348-CC3FC28B2D02.jpeg
F130C500-1A3E-45DE-9BB4-FCE5F8C4C340.jpeg

This is how it was before, it actually didn’t even have the rack, fenders, or headlight when I got it. Also, it’s first iteration after rebuild.
DCC7ADCA-8A94-414B-B23D-F69ED08A8157.jpeg

BB593D07-EF73-472E-97DC-4FD58EDA12EA.jpeg

Oh yah , Nice grass , my dad use to mow the Grass quite often especially after the war , infact I too mow my lawn

Nice selection of aircraft! My dad had a hobby shop in Downey Ca for a short time after he was discharged in 1945. I still have a box of plans for rubber power and gas power free flight planes from that era. Built many balsa and tissue WWI and WWII models when I was a kid. We flew RC gliders, built rc sailboats, many hand launch gliders etc.

Why, thank you! Those are my dad’s. All are vintage.

Last edited:
Back