When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

spyder MK-5

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
M

monkeylight

I'm looking for information about a Sears Spyder MK-5. It is a five speed bike with gear shift and banana seat. I can't find anything on it via a web search. Does that mean its a piece of junk or is it a rare collectible or something in between?

Attachments

• DSCN1488.JPG
    DSCN1488.JPG
    70.7 KB · Views: 230
What Is the serial number? It's on the left rear dropout. That one looks to be In very nice condition. Good find! Here are some pics out of the Sears catalog from Christmas of 66. The pic of the bike Is on page 411 and the description Is on page 410. Also notice the console pic on page 410 that yours Is missing. I think the beginning of your serial number Is 50245971. If I am right , notice the part number In the description by the price. This Is how you can date a lot of Sears badged bikes. Hope this has helped. Kenny.

1966_SearsChristmas_Page411.gif

1966_SearsChristmas_Page410.gif

Spyder MK-5...many thanks

Kenny, you rock! Thank you so much for the catalog info (and the clue on dating the Sears bikes). If you were closer to Chicago, I'd kiss ya!

No offense, but don't scare me like that!! hahahaha. Glad I could help. I too have a Sears badged Murray 24" bike like yours except mine Is violet/purple. I got It very incomplete and got very lucky when I found the missing shifter and console. It's not extremely rare by no means, but yours Is In very nice condition. But, if you do ever decide to let It go, I would be very interested. I do have a 40's ballooner to go pic up this weekend. May even have something to trade If you would be Interested. Kenny.

Testing 1 2 3 .... Things are not working right on my end. Been trying to respond to a pm and don't think It's going through.

Sears catalogs

Hey Kenny,

Do you have any links to other old Sear Catalogs?

Very nice bike. And it is awesome that is not purple for a change.

Back