When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Square tooth iver johnson

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

J-wagon

I live for the CABE
Interesting. Anyone know more about this bike and square tooth sprockets chain drive.

Screenshot_20211006-182135_eBay.jpg
Screenshot_20211006-182120_eBay.jpg
Screenshot_20211006-182157_eBay.jpg

I'm sure there are other people on here who know much more, but I'll start with some basics on it. This bicycle is a very late 1880s to early 1890s "safety bicycle". This is the type bicycle designed and sold immediately after the highwheel bicycles became obsolete. I would recon that Iver Johnson had a patent for that type of block chain, and this is probably the only make or model of bicycle to use a chain exactly like that one. Other bicycles built at the time used a similar chain, but not exactly like that one, and it was probably advertised that this chain had some advantage in design over all other chains (whether that was really true or not). This is a rare bicycle, and it is desirable, good brand. It is also in really nice shape, well preserved, with nice paint. Maybe a very old repaint from the 1940s or earlier, but could be original, so a preservation job is best for this bike, not a restoration. Looks like you could probably just reassemble it and tune it up and it might be good and rideable again depending on the shape of the tires and if anything is missing. Looks totally complete to me though. I also think that $1000 for the bike is right on the money, and that may actually be a bit light on the price for it, hence why it is the starting bid. Its a good one! And I know I'll certainly watch this auction to see how it turns out.

Last edited:
Holly Smoke! That is high dollar now! I knew it was good, but I didn't know it was that good; I wouldn't be surprised if it tops $4000 at this rate, even $3000 kind of surprised me. If you google "Lovell Diamond No. 1 Bicycle", there appears to be less than 10 surviving bicycles published online, so very rare indeed. With this find, it makes one wonder how few others might exist not published online, in some barn somewhere.

Yes , I am waiting to hear from them. , I want to see if all the parts, are there . I will try to give an honest opinion on the CABE. I Think the bike has reached its value on ebay. Good luck to whoever is bidding, pb

Back