When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Squeaky mesinger seat

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

PD Monkey

Look Ma, No Hands!
I have a squeaky Mesinger seat that is driving me nuts. I have no idea of the year but only has the 2 springs in the back (60's or 70's???). I have tried lubing all the contact points but that didn't help. I was thinking of cutting pieces of innertube to put on the top and bottom of the springs, like a gasket. But there has to be a more proper way to stop the squeaks. Any ideas??

I solved the mystery of the squeaky seat. I took the seat 100% apart. I noticed the front bolt seemed loose. Ok, that's probably my squeak. Checked the nut and it was tight. I found that the bolt is a castle type bolt and the square shoulder had pushed through the seat pan. So the nut tightened/bottomed out and the front mount point was sloppy. With the use of a thin washed around the square shoulder, it would tighten up. Then I put a light coat of tenacious oil on all shiny areas. Seat is good to go. But now I can hear all the other squeaks and rattles on the bike. LOL

I've hit the underside of my vinyl 60s schwinn seats with WD-40 when they squeak too much. I should follow you methd and really take care of the problem, might even prolong the life of the seat.

The frame attachment at the nose is usually the problem from what I've run across. Is the seat the light duty piece for kids? They will bottom out with adults and they rock from side to side messing up the nose attachments.

Back