When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Stamping on Schwinn Bottom Bracket Cups

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

atencioee

Finally riding a big boys bike
Questions for the experts...were the bottom bracket cups on Schwinn balloon bikes ever non-stamped? If so what years? Would a 48 Autocycle more than likely have been stamped and if so, with "AS" or "Schwinn"?
@bobcycles, @GTs58 , @WES PINCHOT

There were two types of bottom bracket cups that Schwinn made and all of the cups that were milled from bar stock that I have seen had the "Schwinn" engraving on the outer flange. These were used on the B models. I can't say if the stamped out cups had the Schwinn name on them so someone else will have to chime in on those. I do know the much later stamped cups had no name, but the race/cones did. The D models had the stamped cups and Bob undoubtedly knows.

The engraving was not placed on the cups where they show it in this lit.

1576959048059.png

@GTs58 Gary, I had been meaning to thank you for the information. I wanted to ask what year that document above that you provided on Schwinn built cranks and cups is from?

@GTs58 Gary, I had been meaning to thank you for the information. I wanted to ask what year that document above that you provided on Schwinn built cranks and cups is from?

48 I believe. News flash. I have a BB set possibly early post war that has the Schwinn name inscribed on the face of the wide flange cup and the cup with the narrow flange has the Schwinn name on the side of the cup as pictured above.

@GTs58, hi bro...so one guy told me his 48 B6 bottom brackets had the "AS" with a diamond symbol. Another guy told me he has seen some early post war with just "AS" and no symbol, but he couldn't quite remember if that was as late as 1948. Would you know wnen Schwinn added the diamond and or clover leaf symbol to the squared B6 cups that have "AS?"

Back