When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Standard VS Ideal Motorcycle Pedals Used on Indian Bicycles?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

New Mexico Brant

Riding a '38 Autocycle Deluxe
Can anyone clarify if any bicycles came stock with "Standard" motorbike (motorcycle type) block pedals. From what I see on this forum, Ideal pedals (very similar in form) were used on Harley Davidson bicycles. It also seems Indian used Gibson pedals for a period of time; did all Indian bicycles come stock with Gibson-type alumunium pedals or were these used during a certain date range? The Meco catalog page below shows: Repair Parts For Standard Or Indian Pedal. Were these pedals being used on Indian motorcycles but possibly not the bicycles in the early-mid teens? The set below has the remains of: Standard (on the top line), The Std Co (on the bottom line) on the end plates.
IMG_4062.jpg

IMG_4061.jpg

IMG_4064.jpg

IMG_4063.jpg

I believe the aluminum pedals were introduced early ‘20s. You might want to look at the Indian thread and the cats posted there for mor info. @47jchiggins may be able to help as well. V/r Shawn

True harley pedals according to the catalog are 3 3/4" not 4" like most pedals
2c

Thank you for your input Paul. The Standard’s blocks measure 4 inches, I also have this pair that measure 3 3/4 in. I believe these are the Ideal pedals which are Harley correct. I can’t be 100 percent certain as the script on the end plates is completely rubbed off. One of the blocks does have the number “2” and the letter “c” on each end; do other known Ideal pedals have similar block markings?

Paul, I assumed when you signed off 2C in you last message it was for “your two cents?” Maybe the 2C was pedal “code-talk” relating to the block markings?

c977fa08520614cbd4ee2ea8f0c20a93.jpg

5889481b4f8c4a4b4e8ab1be2dd585d2.jpg

05bd721c2a051abbf925f492d4f0ccf5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2c just being my opinion from what I have seen- not gospel

Back