When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sold Star No. 4 Torrington Racing Pedals

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Shipping
Pickup or $15
Zipcode

rebirthbikes

Wore out three sets of tires already!
I've been deciding what to do with this setup since I found it on a '38 elgin lightweight/racer. I want to ride the bike but I don't feel comfortable doing so on these pedals. Honestly, I love old ballooners and lightweights... the racers aren't my thing and they should go to a good home. The old guy I bought the bike from said his Dad was into early racing bikes and that he used to race his '38 Elgin lightweight in the late 30's and 40's. The pedals came off of this bicycle.
I only gently cleaned one of the pedal caps to make the Logo legible and one small area on the side to show the potential. These are how I found them and I'm sure these will clean up really nicely for the owner. I didn't want to clean them improperly or remove the patina; I reasoned that was for the new owner. From the research (attached) I believe that these are Torrington Star No. 4 racing pedals. The threads are excellent, they look to have been mounted to this bicycle only. Bearings are amazing for the age... no sticking or grinding, just smooth motion. Again, looking for them to go to a good home.

Star_Torrington-Pedals-01.jpg

Star_Torrington-Pedals-02.jpg

Star_Torrington-Pedals-03.jpg

Star_Torrington-Pedals-04.jpg

Star_Torrington-Pedals-05.jpg

Screenshot 2023-10-05 at 10.11.04 AM.png

Thank you for the great start. Since someone has a question… that I should have listed. No deal yet. That’s my fault. I’m on the road at the moment. @kccomet Give me some time and I’ll get back to you

Back