When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Star Trek Sears Spaceliner

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Jim Barnard

Wore out three sets of tires already!
So I am a geek. Of this there is no doubt.
IMG_4409[1].JPG

This gorgeous bike was one of the very best space age designs to come out of the late 50's and 60's middle weight Jetson's style bikes. It reminded me of the optimism the USA had in everything it produced during the space race to the moon. The 59 caddy, sputnik lamps, Philco Predicta TV sets, Ariel Leader motorbike, boomerang tables, Eames Ball chairs were all designed to look like they could fly into space. I had 2 of these bikes signed by the actors who played commanders on the TV show Star Trek. I have no idea where the other bike has gone. This one I kept.
Signature above is the late Leonard Nimoy who played Mr. Spock.

IMG_4410[1].JPG

Above is Patrick Stewart who played Captain Picard.

IMG_4411[1].JPG

William Shatner who played Captain Kirk

IMG_4414[1].JPG

Sean Kenny who played Captain Pike.

IMG_4408[1].JPG

There are 11 or 12 signatures on this old bike from the TV I used to watch 1965-1967... about the same time I would leaf through the Sears "Wish Book" wondering what It would be like to own this bike.

IMG_4417[1].JPG

So I am a geek. Of this there is no doubt.View attachment 748025

This gorgeous bike was one of the very best space age designs to come out of the late 50's and 60's middle weight Jetson's style bikes. It reminded me of the optimism the USA had in everything it produced during the space race to the moon. The 59 caddy, sputnik lamps, Philco Predicta TV sets, Ariel Leader motorbike, boomerang tables, Eames Ball chairs were all designed to look like they could fly into space. I had 2 of these bikes signed by the actors who played commanders on the TV show Star Trek. I have no idea where the other bike has gone. This one I kept.
Signature above is the late Leonard Nimoy who played Mr. Spock.

View attachment 748028

Above is Patrick Stewart who played Captain Picard.

View attachment 748030

William Shatner who played Captain Kirk

View attachment 748031

Sean Kenny who played Captain Pike.

View attachment 748032

There are 11 or 12 signatures on this old bike from the TV I used to watch 1965-1967... about the same time I would leaf through the Sears "Wish Book" wondering what It would be like to own this bike.

View attachment 748033
Far out...
2456038_orig.jpg

hqdefault.jpg

"Spock's Jam" begins at about the one minute mark...

P348_1.jpg

Star-Trek-Bike-1024x683.jpg

Last edited:
The guy at the helm of starfleets. finest shoulda put glitter streamers on it. It woulda looked like it was leaving an ion trail.

Born and raised, a Trekkie. I had a vintage Star Trek badge I displayed with my '65 Huffy Silver Jet. I should have brought it when I went to see the re-release of The Wrath of Khan last summer. Such a classic, even my girlfriend loved it, and wanted to stay for the next screening. It was quite a group; me, myself, my girlfriend, my dad, my best friend, and his mother. Based on the TV episode from 1967 called, Space Seed.

Here is a scene most appropriate for this bike, the ending of Star Trek VI, where the signatures of the original cast and crew are displayed:

@Jim Barnard

When were these signed? Any pics of the event?
I had to hit a couple of conventions, I remember 3 in NYC and 2 at Dragon Con in Atlanta. Good clean... at least until the Saurian Brandy came out, ...fun!
IMG_4507[1].JPG

This is the bottle that was used as the "Saurian Brandy" bottle in the original series. Nimoy signed this one.

IMG_4509[1].JPG

You often hear the story about the guy who came back from Viet Nam or College to find his baseball cards, comics or toys tossed out by his Mom. I was the guy who's Mom put all his comics, cards and models in the attic! I still have everything.

I had to hit a couple of conventions, I remember 3 in NYC and 2 at Dragon Con in Atlanta. Good clean... at least until the Saurian Brandy came out, ...fun!View attachment 750655

This is the bottle that was used as the "Saurian Brandy" bottle in the original series. Nimoy signed this one.

View attachment 750657

You often hear the story about the guy who came back from Viet Nam or College to find his baseball cards, comics or toys tossed out by his Mom. I was the guy who's Mom put all his comics, cards and models in the attic! I still have everything.

I grew up, as a kid, staying up late or sneaking out of bed to watch "The Next Generation" and "Voyager" in the 90s. I also grew up watching the original series, and the original movies. I just restored my old Enterprise D from when I was a kid. The parts ship looked like the Borg got ahold of it! I watched VHS copies of Star Trek IV and Star Trek VII until the tapes broke. We also had a VHS copy of "The Trouble with Tribbles" that I wore out. Me, my dad. and my granddaddy are all trekkies.

P.S. I never cared for the Abrams movies. I felt much more potential could have been had from "Star Trek" while "Into Darkness" simply shouldn't have been made. Being a purist stinks at times.

24862205_1061825297292994_8411935923337352195_n.jpg

Last edited:
With the Jungle Jim's Cheese Festival today, accompanied by wine and beer sampling, I do not know if I will end up like the alien or Mr. Scott.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Back