When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Start them early ?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
I have four Grandkids, three boys and one girl. And it so happens she is the youngest and
Baby Ann Mechanic.JPG

the only one that works on or likes to ride bikes.

I'm working on teaching my eldest kid (4 1/2) to ride. She's doing pretty great on her balance bike. Her little brother (1 1/2) loves sitting on the tricycle while I push him around (can't reach the pedals). The four of us go out in the evening after dinner most nights to ride up and down our dead-end. Most of the neighborhood kids are a little bigger, and are often out on their scooters, etc. I'm not really concerned about them taking up old bikes as a hobby, but I do hope they take up bicycling for the long term. My wife's parents never bothered to get her off training wheels, so she is just learning now as well. It's been a fun spring so far.

Once my grandson figured out the Strider bike, I rebuilt a Schwinn 16 " Midget Stingray for him to ride. perfect thing a out the banana seat bikes is you can run along side holding the top of the sissy bar until they get the feel for it. He tells people now " me and papa are old school ". Now little brother is almost 2 and he is ready to roll.
20190331_162136.jpg

Show your passion for the bikes. We try to explain some of the history and what was going on in time when the bike was made. Our kids like the adventures we go on to get bikes or for swaps. My husband and son will work on a bike together, then if they sell it, he pays our son. Our son will whisper to me when he sees a newer bike and will whisper "Look at that Walmart piece of crap bike![emoji23]

Hopefully our son will want to stick with it. Our daughter is still a work in progress.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Back