When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Starting to question my logic

-

4scuda

Wore out three sets of tires already!
In Memoriam
I like to go places and I like to buy bicycles so I often buy just to go and maybe pay for gas etc. A couple weeks ago I drove to North Carolina through West Virginia, Virginia etc. it was very scenic and I enjoyed the drive got a no nose Shelby and a nice Schwinn dx. Well this time I made the mistake of leaving at night driving through iowa, boring. I was going to go to Nebraska so I decided if I am going I might as well make it worth my while, so I bought good stuff but I also bought lots of cheap stuff. Like a Schwinn breeze girls bike for a couple dollars. I was taking a trailer so I thought I might as well fill it up and I did. I probably spent a fourth of my total on 80% of the load. Unloading the trailer makes me question my logic, hopefully there is good profit in the junk. Drive back during the day was nice and went to a nice museum. I don’t think I’ve seen pipe on a frame like the toc before assume it is some “bush fix” at least it has decent pedals.

At least I have learned one lesson and that is to sell the lesser stuff first. There is always a feel to recoup your money as soon as possible so you sell the high dollar first and end up with the low end. While I don’t intend on keeping any I have been disciplined in my other large collection purchases and have a stash of some pretty good stuff that has been paid for by my lesser good stuff.

I’d question your logic too 😜

I really don’t see anything (at least what’s visible) from the pictures that is worth the price of gas or the effort.

You have to ask yourself, can I recoup my money?

Back