When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Starting to worry

-
https://thecabe.com/forum/threads/prewar-24-elgin-boys-frame.206214/, Ad was never marked sold, ( I know alot of members here don't know to do that or don't care ) originally posted in march and I contacted him with questions and he gave me a price with shipping, forgot about it till he bumped it a month ago and immediately said I'll take and PP him FF that I thought was ok sense he has been on here sense 2007, lately he only seems to sigh on Mondays?

As far as being worried sooner, a week after I bought it I was going out of town ( SF ride ), I bought 2 whole bikes at the same time ( or after ) and they came 3 day before I left from the other side of the country, this frame is alot closer ( he has 2 locations, Sac Valley & Las Veges? ), didn't want to take a chance it being delivered when I was gone so didn't start messaging him for another week but have done so everyday sense!

I never buy anything online unless I am willing to accept the fact that I will never receive the item.
If you think you will receive the item then you are setting yourself up for a big disappointment.
I know their is always a chance but have never had any problems, especially here on the cabe ( packing is another story ), If something doesn't look right I buy as a purchase on PP and some times I pay the fee if the seller doesn't want to ( then you have some recourse ) but as said I was in the middle of buying 2 other complete bikes, I paid the fee on one just because there was a few people involved between the owner, seller, and someone else droping off at a bike shop to pack, bikeflights label & UPS picking up and even with 6 parties involved I had the bike within a week, and before I went out of town, so what happened here?

Back