When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Starting to worry

-
There a lot of people I trust 100%. Many of them on this forum. You ever served in the military?
You ever see family members who trust each other 100% go into business and end up at each other's throats? I have, many times.

No, I have not served in the military. However, I don't want to expand this discussion by comparing the purchase of a vintage bike to the special bond that forms among men and women in military units. That is a rare trust indeed!

Last edited:
I have no problems with PP friends & family for smaller items but when you get into the 100's++ I do goods & services unless you really have to know/trust the seller and even then it depends on the situation.

Hey Mark. Glad you received your frame and the drama is over. I think having this simple discussion isn’t the end of the world. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion and how they like their transactions. No need to get personal. I think the original seller could have stated he was in dire financial situations and things maybe a little slow on his end. Communication goes far. Silence just leads to unknowns. Next…..

I have no problems with PP friends & family for smaller items but when you get into the 100's++ I do goods & services unless you really have to know/trust the seller and even then it depends on the situation.
Exactly.

Reactions: mrg
On a $3,000 purchase, the fee is $90. That is a small price to pay for the peace of mind of a full refund should something go wrong. A lot can go wrong with a deal and you can rarely trust someone 100%

Anyone who would do F&F for a $3000 purchase from some random person in cyber-space is not dealing with a full deck!!!!

You ever see family members who trust each other 100% go into business and end up at each other's throats? I have, many times.

YEP, sadly, the worst financial transaction I have ever had in my entire life was with a family member!

Anyhow, people are free to make their own choices on how they want to do business. I choose to use the method I have previously described for any, and all online purchases! That is what works for me.

Back