Stearns Head badge Decal

This ad disappears when logged in

lgrinnings

Finally riding a big boys bike
Dec 31, 2010
Newburyport, MA
I've been considering having one made for a while, but I was hoping someone else would do it first. Full color including gold and white makes it a tricky proposition.

-Lester

barracuda

I live for the CABE
Oct 27, 2009
Niles, California
Full color including gold and white makes it a tricky proposition.
Yep. As far as I know, metallic gold and full color cannot be printed together on a single waterslide decal. I think you'd have to make two separate decals and layer them on top of each other. The varnish transfer technology has some advantages over waterslide.

The other challenge is simply getting your hands on a clear, high resolution digital scan of a well preserved original decal in order to faithfully re-create the design.

I'd love to see any attempts at this project that have been made. Most of the ones I've seen have simply ignored the flora surround and "arm and hammer" entirely.

1899-Stearns-Ladies-Bicycle-0-600x976.jpg

David Brown

Dec 14, 2014
Kitchener, Canada
I did talk to Bob and he gave Craig Allen what he has as far as the Decals. I also contacted Craig and he is sending my one but have not seen them yet.

lgrinnings

Dec 31, 2010
Newburyport, MA
I think you'd have to make two separate decals and layer them on top of each other.
This is exactly how I thought to tackle it. There are online resources that produce guitar decals in black, white and gold. Then you could layer laserprinted 4 color stuff on top.

-Lester

Freqman1

Riding a '37 Dayton Super Streamline
Jul 14, 2009
Evans, GA
On an Alps printer you can print metallics and colors together. The printer just makes different passes to apply the color. V/r Shawn

locomotion

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
Jan 15, 2011
Quebec, Canada
both my Stearns have a (2) headbadge decals
one on the headtube and the same decal also applied to the tip of the rear wood fender
anyone else have 2 decals per bikes?

David Brown

Dec 14, 2014
Kitchener, Canada
Picture of my Stearns bike. Anyone have idea on the model and year? Has original hubs and wheels Front wheel needs a spoke and should true no problem. very nice wear free pedals and Kelly bars . Hollenbeck saddle Syracuse NY
P7124291.jpg

P7124292.jpg

P7124297.jpg

Craig Allen

Jun 23, 2016
Millville NJ
I could make an incredibly clean decal having the perfectly straight pictures required. this decals are in the best condition I have seen. Does nayone know who owns this bike?
I just now noticed the small little knob sticking out from the green line opposite the letter "E" in E.C. Stearns is an acorn. There is another one on the opposite side of the decal. All kinds of details.

Gus

Gus Salmon Decals
Dec 26, 2013
Central Florida, United States
I just now noticed the small little knob sticking out from the green line opposite the letter "E" in E.C. Stearns is an acorn. There is another one on the opposite side of the decal. All kinds of details.
There is.

Here is one I made on my first attempt. However it could use more detail.

234.PNG

Last edited:

This ad disappears when logged in
Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture