When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Stearns Head badge Decal

-
I've been considering having one made for a while, but I was hoping someone else would do it first. Full color including gold and white makes it a tricky proposition.

-Lester

Full color including gold and white makes it a tricky proposition.

Yep. As far as I know, metallic gold and full color cannot be printed together on a single waterslide decal. I think you'd have to make two separate decals and layer them on top of each other. The varnish transfer technology has some advantages over waterslide.

The other challenge is simply getting your hands on a clear, high resolution digital scan of a well preserved original decal in order to faithfully re-create the design.

I'd love to see any attempts at this project that have been made. Most of the ones I've seen have simply ignored the flora surround and "arm and hammer" entirely.

1899-Stearns-Ladies-Bicycle-0-600x976.jpg

I did talk to Bob and he gave Craig Allen what he has as far as the Decals. I also contacted Craig and he is sending my one but have not seen them yet.

I think you'd have to make two separate decals and layer them on top of each other.

This is exactly how I thought to tackle it. There are online resources that produce guitar decals in black, white and gold. Then you could layer laserprinted 4 color stuff on top.

-Lester

Back