When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

stearns racer ebay

-

kccomet

I live for the CABE
who ever bought the Stearns racer on ebay...thank you, it wasn't in my wheelhouse, toc, but I was getting weak....beautiful bike, I don't know how to post the completed listing

http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-5...0001&campid=5335809022&icep_item=323696543041
s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600-1.jpg

s-l1600-2.jpg

Too bad someone changed out the original racing handlebars for what's on there now. The racing bar ( No.20 ) is supposed to be a 7" drop which is what came on the bike originally. Nice example though of an original paint bike.

I can't stop going back to look at this bicycle, what killer original paint. I would loving owning something of the sort. If anyone has a bicycle similar please let me know.

Earl Kiser on his Stearns Racer: ( showing the correct bars for the racer model )

View attachment 950609

On the bike from Ebay, nothing really scream "RACER" to me other than the decal.
like you said Bill, the bars are wrong, and the rear triangle is too spread out, the seat stays and seat stay bridge are so massive for a Racer
The rear tire is too far from the seat tube compared to the original picture you posted.
Don't get me wrong ..... still a beautiful bike, but it doesn't have the "RACER" feel

Back