When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Steer Tube Straightening Idea With Home Items I Might Have

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

azbug-i

I live for the CABE
Anyone got any tips on straightening this steer tube enough to use. I cant tighten the headset cone nut because the fork bends forward about 30% of the way up the tube. Luckily the tube comes off the crown straight

What do you all think?

Ill be visiting Doug fisk for help too . Hes the nicest and most helpful!
@dougfisk haha

20160517_052605.jpg

Ive seen lots of posts about this here and at RRF, might do a lil search....probably stupid and wrong, but I have taken a pipe over the steer tube for leverage after a little torch action and bent em around....flip the wheel around and run into something...people make tools similar to the lil brute out of car jacks, hydraulic press, ummm...sure theres more.

Weird. That fork's bent forward. Don't see that on a big bike too often. Usually it's bent back from running into something.

Musta been a fat guy doing some jumps before you got it.

Big pipe over the steer tube and some heat should straighten it.

If it was mine, once it was straight I'd cut a small piece of pipe that fits in the steer tube and ram it inside to the bottom, long enough so it extends passed the bent area. That way it won't fold up on you when you go off a curb.

Weird. That fork's bent forward. Don't see that on a big bike too often. Usually it's bent back from running into something....

It probably was bent back initially... and this is the result of straightening it... :(

...Just my hypothesis... :cool:

Oh no that would stink if its been bent twice! That makes me not want to bend it again. I like the idea of putting a tube inside for support. Doug i was gonna call you tonight. Are you riding this weekend?

I cant bend this fork with the wheel on. Its bent up past the crown so its actually straight on the bik . Its at the top of the head tube i have problems

Can see where its crunched. I just dont want to damage and not be able to use this fork.

Back