When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Stelber Bicycles

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
The bike was about 2 hours south of me. I`m just outside Albany,NY.
I went there for the Stelber and i ended up taking home a prewar ladies JC Higgins and a Schwinn American along with it. So much for clearing out the garage for the winter!
The American is for sale if anyone is interested.

Is it a Deluxe,with the headlight and tank?

Pat

I think it`s a 65. No light or tank but it`s still a nice bike. I can send you a pic if you`re interested.

you are correct they were of very poor quality mainly sold in appliance stores the forks bent back easily there were no bearings in the crank just bushings the 3 spped english style were of much better quality i suspect they were made by an english manufactuere

Does anyone know what year was the First Stelber Bike. I have several of them. They look more like 30's-40's rather than 1957 1960. All of mine ride great. Help

here's my 56 stelber 20" ballooner.

Attachments

• photo 1 (9).JPG
    photo 1 (9).JPG
    164 KB · Views: 372
  • photo 2 (9).JPG
    photo 2 (9).JPG
    137.1 KB · Views: 380
Stelber

Does anyone know what year the first Stelber was made. I have several, But they look much older than the bikes in this post.
I guess mine are 30's 40's

This is a 56 Stelber JC Higgins, probably made when Sears' U.S. manufacturers were on strike. The tank and chain guard look the same to me as some of the U.S. made J.C. Higgins.
usa8e2yq-1.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Adding a few years' knowledge to an old thread. Stelber actually was a NY import co., and they didn't manufacture any bikes. Most were imported from the Daimler/Puch/Steyr group in Europe. They also sourced from their NY neighbors, Chain Bike/Ross, and I've seen a few that seem to mix Euro and Ross parts.

Back