When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Stencils for Chain Guards?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

STIKSHIFTER

Finally riding a big boys bike
Hello CABER's! Does anyone make custom stencils for chain guards? My previous supplier has disappeared on me. These are NOT decals. They are stencils to paint on the lettering so it looks like the original screening. Please see the photos for better description. Thanks.

0829171956.jpg
0829171953.jpg

I'd like to find a stencil for the word, "Schwinn" in your photo, but I guess someone who made them would run a foul of copyright laws. I've made stencils by tediously cutting items printed from my computer, but never anything cursive. Have had good luck with print words that have mostly "straight" letters like I, N, A, etc., but would fail miserably trying to cut a stencil for something like the Schwinn word.

On the stencils I did make I used a heavy bond paper, cut the stencil with X-acto knife, sprayed glue on the back, attached it to the item, and used an airbrush. I think it would be difficult to come up with something that looked decent spraying direct from a can as you can't very well control the volume of paint.

Any logo you can scan can be cut into masking material by just about any sign shop. You can spray with cans, just use several light coats. Pull the masking before the paint completely dries to avoid chipping as you unmask.

Back