When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Stermey AW Hub....Your opinion please

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

morton

I live for the CABE
I have a NOS 74 date AW hub that will be laced to a 27" alloy rim.

Question is, do you think that I need to break it down for new grease? Rolls smooth in my hand and sounds great. I rather not go thru the hassel of breaking it down (Parkinsons' shakey hands make this once simple job awful tough).

Probably won't see more than 100-200 miles/year of casual low speed rides.

I 've had many SA's over the years and they all had old grease and worked like a charm once I added some oil. I've put over 1500 miles on one that I got a few years back that had NO oil at all when purchased. Got out the oil can and it works perfect to this day.

I'm thinking got for it and if it dosn't work out, probably will be easier to repack grease if needed once laced up.

?????????

I agree, but maybe 6 or eight drops. If the oil leaks out the ends it means the bearing grease is no longer providing a seal, so add more light oil the next time you take it for a spin.

I agree, but maybe 6 or eight drops. If the oil leaks out the ends it means the bearing grease is no longer providing a seal, so add more light oil the next time you take it for a spin.

Thank you for the replies. I really did not want to break it down, so I'm :)

Thinking of using TriFlow for the oil?????

Back