When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Stewart warner floating hub rebuild help.

-

gorace38

Look Ma, No Hands!
I have a very nice SW floating hub i'm planning to use on a future build. There is a little tic when i spin it. Any one rebuilt one of these. I don't really want to take this apart and not be able to get reassembled correctly. Thanks

The inner race on these hubs is usually a very rough, non ground, machine surface. consequently, they eat bearings and the inner race with it. Pull it apart and post photos. Thanks

I know at one time someone mentioned making a repair kit or something to refurbish these. If anyone is doing it I have a hub I need repaired.

I know at one time someone mentioned making a repair kit or something to refurbish these. If anyone is doing it I have a hub I need repaired.
I was looking into having replacement cones made up while back, but wasn't able to get anything going. @FSH and I got together more recently and he was able to recondition a set I had that was lightly pitted. Maybe we can talk about the possibility of having replacements machined?

If anyone is still interested, please get on the list. Maybe we can finally make this happen!

Last edited:
Back