When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Stewart-warner golden meteor

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Pappy

Wore out three sets of tires already!
I'm seeking information on my Stewart-Warner Golden Meteor speedometer I recently acquired at the Blue Springs Bike Swap. What year,
specific to a certain model of bike,value,ect. Any info would be great...Thanx Pappy :cool:

Beautiful speedometer,

$256 golden meteor 1.jpg
голден метеор $178.jpg
спидометра уст&#10.jpg
SV106059.jpg

also looking to buy:)

$256 golden meteor 1.jpg

голден метеор $178.jpg

спидометра уст&#10.jpg

SV106059.jpg

I believe they were only offered in 1948 and into '49 but were discontinued due to fragile construction (being encased in a plastic lens). Accessory only and I don't believe any bike carried them from the factory. So the only way to get one would be to order the (rather expensive) speedo.

I have one I'd sell as I have yet to find the perfect early postwar bike to put it on. Maybe the most uncommon postwar speedometer. It's in better condition than some, lesser condition than others. A little yellowing but very readable and it works. Trip meter doesn't reset. 60$ shipped.

DSCF4589-1.jpg

DSCF4590-1.jpg

I tried once again to post a pic of my Golden Meteor but keep getting an error message that says ..."not enough storage is available to
process this command"...what gives? I'm trying to post just as I always have on this site from Photobucket...any help?...Pappy :cool:

Finally...pics!

000_0088-1.jpg

Okay...finally...here's a pic...the scratches on the lens aren't near as visible as they seem,the camera flash super amplifies them...
Pappy :cool:

I believe they were only offered in 1948 and into '49 but were discontinued due to fragile construction (being encased in a plastic lens). Accessory only and I don't believe any bike carried them from the factory. So the only way to get one would be to order the (rather expensive) speedo.

I have one I'd sell as I have yet to find the perfect early postwar bike to put it on. Maybe the most uncommon postwar speedometer. It's in better condition than some, lesser condition than others. A little yellowing but very readable and it works. Trip meter doesn't reset. 60$ shipped.

View attachment 542429

View attachment 542430[/QUOT

hello, did you ever sell this unit?

Great...another art-deco, mid-century modern object for me to add to my wish list. That would be RIGHT at home on a Western Flyer X-53 or JC Higgins Colorflow.

Back