When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Still Have It!!!

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

STIKSHIFTER

Finally riding a big boys bike
Here's my first bike a '68 Deluxe Stingray 2 speed kick back. Dad took me to Jim's Bike Shop in Akron, Ohio to pick it out. I was 6 years old and of course when I saw the Krates I wanted one. Dad said "they were the craziest things he'd ever seen!". We compromised on the Stingray but I had the bike shop swap on the Apple Krate seat for an extra $3. Still have the bike and it still wears its original paint, original chrome and original front tire. Wore through many rear tires seeing who could lay down the longest skid mark on the street and the po-go seat post broke at some point. Seat's been re-covered in original glitter white with red "S" stripe.

DSCN1123.JPG

Super Cool.
Fresh pics please.
The holidays is a good time to go through old photos looking for this bike.
Keep us posted please.

Super Cool.
Fresh pics please.
The holidays is a good time to go through old photos looking for this bike.
Keep us posted please.

I'm the youngest kid so you know how that goes. There's about a thousand photos of the older sister to every one of me. I've looked for childhood photos of me and my bike but came up empty. On the upside... Dad bought me the Stingray and sis got a girls Collegiate!

I'm the youngest kid so you know how that goes. There's about a thousand photos of the older sister to every one of me. I've looked for childhood photos of me and my bike but came up empty. On the upside... Dad bought me the Stingray and sis got a girls Collegiate!
Thats cool. Photos were set up back then; you were gone on your bike. Moving targets are tough to photo. hahaha

Back