When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Still Looking For 20" Wooden Wheels

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Somebody has a set of rims - SOMEBODY, SOMEWHERE is holding out!!
only if you know this for fact. I have NEVER seen a set. and only seen one set of 30" for sale (I bought). only 24", 26" 28". Saw a set of 12's or 14's on a bike once...

Somebody has a set of rims - SOMEBODY, SOMEWHERE is holding out!!
only if you know this for fact. I have NEVER seen a set. and only seen one set of 30" for sale (I bought). only 24", 26" 28". Saw a set of 12's or 14's on a bike once...

Now you've seen a set. :D

I am only a novelist and I have a matching pair of 20 inch rims, along with 2 odd balls (one 24 hole and one 28 hole). If I, as a one bicycle collector, have four 20" rims, I'm positive there are a lot more out there.These were painted silver and I started removing the spray paint. As you can see, I have one finished pretty well. The other - well, I didn't have another 40 hours to work on it!!

BTW - this 24 hole one I have must be pretty old. It is laced up to a freewheel hub. I'm by far no expert, but I'd say that is pre 1915.

This is the odd ball 28 hole one I have.

Last edited:
huh, neat! the 24 spoked rear may have been from a child racer cycle. A 6 tooth cog is rare by itself.
having different spoke count isn't unusual but a higher count would have been a rear wheel, and not a front... or same count front/rear.

I wonder if he/they could repair the original from the bike. It broke in 2 pieces and it's a little warped. Other than that, it's in perfect condition. :D

I'll post a picture of it. I'd love to have it on the bike. It's for display only anyway. The more original it is, the better.

Why don't you try gluing it with titebond and steaming it back to straight. It is time consuming but not difficult to do.

Back