When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Still Looking For 20" Wooden Wheels

-

Buddyroe

Finally riding a big boys bike
All of my searches have simply come up empty. Multiple automatic searches on ebay never result in anything (except 26" and 28").

All I need is a set of 20" wheels for this little 1919 IJ Boys Scout Midget and it will be ready to put back together. In the last year, I really got lucky on a seat and a set of Fisk tires. Surely SOMEBODY has a set of 20" wheels somewhere right?

Oh, and I need 28 holes. I actually do have ONE wheel - I will use it with another similar 20" wheel if I can't find a matching set.

Somebody out there help this little bike out and help me buy it some wheels - please!!

If someone prefers to trade, I have several Juvenile seats, some extra 20" drop stands, and a set of NOS U.S. Rubber Chain tread single tube tires I can trade. I may have some other stuff. But I definitely have some paper sheets with pictures of dead presidents on them if that's the sort of thing you're interested in!!

all I ever saw were a pr of steel clad woods I bought for a Columbia? I had. Single tubes were difficult to find as well!!!

all I ever saw were a pr of steel clad woods I bought for a Columbia? I had. Single tubes were difficult to find as well!!!

I was lucky with the single tubes. I have set of NOS Chain treads I was gong to use, but then I got super lucky and found a set of Fisks, which came on it originally.

Somebody has a set of rims - SOMEBODY, SOMEWHERE is holding out!!

I do have a lead on one rim to go with a single I have. Was hoping to get a matched set, but it's been difficult.

Oh, and I do have a matching set of 20" rims, but they're the type that are more flat on the inside of the rim versus round. The old, original wheel I have from this bike was the round type so that's what I'm hoping to find.

Stutzman should be able to copy the one you have

I wonder if he/they could repair the original from the bike. It broke in 2 pieces and it's a little warped. Other than that, it's in perfect condition. :D

I'll post a picture of it. I'd love to have it on the bike. It's for display only anyway. The more original it is, the better.

Back