When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sting Ray BMX early builds

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

butnut

Look Ma, No Hands!
Anyone still have their old Sting Rays with BMX mods? Before the diamond frames there was the bulletproof Sting Ray. Unbreakable frame, perfect for hard riding and jumps. I guess Ashtabula jumped into the game with the same Schwinn parts, but better, stronger metal. BMX styled braced handlebars and beefy banana seat braces. Lets see 'em if you have any old photographs...long before digital and internet. Found this pic on the net. I got inspired to start a retirement project!
IMG_1104.JPG

Neat 70 stingray ,converted to bmx long ago.i got this from a friend that found it in a socal garage.left as discovered for the most part.i found a replacement Carlisle front tire and made rideable as is.kool piece of history and will remain this way.

Yup...street cruiser converted to dirt track! Very kool...thanks for sharing. I'm still putting mine together.

Back