When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Stingray 2spd spoke length

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

stingrayfan

On Training Wheels
Hey guys I have a nice 28 spoke S2 rim and an NOS bendix 2spd. I believe this should take a 6 7/8" spoke. Do any of you have a Schwinn spoke chart or can verify that 6 7/8" is correct

Hey guys I have a nice 28 spoke S2 rim and an NOS bendix 2spd. I believe this should take a 6 7/8" spoke. Do any of you have a Schwinn spoke chart or can verify that 6 7/8" is correct
I have 3 of these wheels and dont know the spoke size either. I hope someone answers as well because 1 of my wheels is missing 1 spoke and there not the same size as the red band s2 spokes.

So today I had a buddy check the two wheels he had , both S2s with 2spds. One wheel which looked old and untouched was a 2 cross and measured 6 7/8 the other looked brand new and was a 3 cross that measured 7 5/8 , both 28 spoke.

My theory is this. Standard factory wheels were 28 spoke 6-7/8" 2 cross pattern. The spoke charts show a 28 spoke 7-9/16" 3 cross pattern. This allowed the dealers to use the more standard 7-9/16" spokes which were shared with the rear coaster S2 wheels (3 cross). It looks like factory wheels vs. dealer built wheels could determine the spokes used. Of course parts availability could affect either the factory of the dealers as I've seen in the past. I'm open to correction but this is how it looks to me.
Bill

Back