When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Stingray ( 76 )

-

Sambikeman

Finally riding a big boys bike
( 1976 )

0A4D20C8-9A1F-437F-AF17-C7AA768746AA.jpeg

3C3318DB-91EA-46AE-B8EF-CD971AF2D78B.jpeg

Nice original bike. Love that stars and stripes seat and yours looks excellent. For some reason those bikes are hard to find in good condition. Most are beat to heck. I have 2 that I've restored.
1216181423.jpg

We have this one in the collection. Odd thing is, all of the chrome is nearly perfect but the paint is pretty hammered. Being nearly all original, I am having a hard time deciding on whether or not to repaint it.

Bashton
MCACN Managing Member
Home of the Muscle Bike "Show Within the Show"
www.mcacn.com

DSC_0011 (2).JPG

@bashton I have to agree with @buses n bikes. Your bike looks great. I would leave the paint as it is. I have several vintage Stingrays with original paint that shows plenty of scars but the chrome looks good. Really I notice bad chrome not beat up paint. As long as the chrome looks good I think the bikes look beautiful but still have loads of character.

Believe me, I'm all about original paint. It appears much nicer in the picture for some reason. Spent about 20 minutes polishing the chrome and it came out near new. The paint? not so much. Being a bike that isnt particularly rare or valuable, that is why I am undecided. Fresh paint would make it appear nearly as new.

Of course since the "fleet" is somewhat large and always expanding, chances of it being repainted anytime soon is pretty unlikely!

Bashton
MCACN Managing Member
Home of the Muscle Bike "Show Within the Show"
www.mcacn.com

Back