Stingray Acceleration Times

• Please be aware: We have had several reports of members receiving private messages from newly registered members claiming that their friend has the part or bike they are looking for, and that they should email this person directly. This is a scam! If it looks even slightly suspicious, PLEASE REPORT this to us immediately so that we can investigate and if necessary, ban the member to prevent them from targeting other members. Thank you, CABE staff
Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
These ads go away when you register for an account!

Dbike

Look Ma, No Hands!
Jun 14, 2020
Northridge, CA
Some years ago (1977) I did some acceleration runs with my '69 Stingray dirt bike. It had a speedometer back then and one of my brothers would say "go" and I called out when I reached the desired speed.

Here are the results...
0-10 mph-------- 3.2 seconds
0-15 mph-------- 4.5
0-20 mph-------- 6.0

5-15 mph-------- 4.3
10-20 mph------ 5.2

I did not try a 1/4 mile run with that bike but I did with a 10-speed I also owned. With that bike, 1/4 mile was 33 seconds @ approximately 35 mph.

wheelbender6

Finally riding a big boys bike
Oct 23, 2018
Houston area
Cool.
I did a 3 mile fitness test a few years back on my Trek. It was part of the Carmichael Training Method.
I don't remember the time, but it rated me as an average, but fit rider.
I never tried a 1/4 mile test.

Reactions: Dbike

creebobby

Oct 4, 2009
Austin, Texas
www.creebobby.com
Some years ago (1977) I did some acceleration runs with my '69 Stingray dirt bike. It had a speedometer back then and one of my brothers would say "go" and I called out when I reached the desired speed.

Here are the results...
0-10 mph-------- 3.2 seconds
0-15 mph-------- 4.5
0-20 mph-------- 6.0

5-15 mph-------- 4.3
10-20 mph------ 5.2

I did not try a 1/4 mile run with that bike but I did with a 10-speed I also owned. With that bike, 1/4 mile was 33 seconds @ approximately 35 mph.
Blistering speed!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sworley

Apr 30, 2020
Ames, Iowa
Great time postings! The lower gearing of those later BMX oriented Stingrays helped, no doubt.
I have a 19t I swapped out on my '76 standard - that thing can really rip off the line and beyond if you spin it up with a high cadence.

Dbike

Look Ma, No Hands!
Jun 14, 2020
Northridge, CA
Great time postings! The lower gearing of those later BMX oriented Stingrays helped, no doubt.
I have a 19t I swapped out on my '76 standard - that thing can really rip off the line and beyond if you spin it up with a high cadence.
Thanks. This '69 does seem to move out fast. The fact that it is geared so that I am not pedaling furiously at 15-20 mph. Pedaling fast, yes, but not unreasonably fast.

This ad goes away when you register for an account!