When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Stingray Acceleration Times

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Dbike

Finally riding a big boys bike
Some years ago (1977) I did some acceleration runs with my '69 Stingray dirt bike. It had a speedometer back then and one of my brothers would say "go" and I called out when I reached the desired speed.

Here are the results...
0-10 mph-------- 3.2 seconds
0-15 mph-------- 4.5
0-20 mph-------- 6.0

5-15 mph-------- 4.3
10-20 mph------ 5.2

I did not try a 1/4 mile run with that bike but I did with a 10-speed I also owned. With that bike, 1/4 mile was 33 seconds @ approximately 35 mph.

Cool.
I did a 3 mile fitness test a few years back on my Trek. It was part of the Carmichael Training Method.
I don't remember the time, but it rated me as an average, but fit rider.
I never tried a 1/4 mile test.

Some years ago (1977) I did some acceleration runs with my '69 Stingray dirt bike. It had a speedometer back then and one of my brothers would say "go" and I called out when I reached the desired speed.

Here are the results...
0-10 mph-------- 3.2 seconds
0-15 mph-------- 4.5
0-20 mph-------- 6.0

5-15 mph-------- 4.3
10-20 mph------ 5.2

I did not try a 1/4 mile run with that bike but I did with a 10-speed I also owned. With that bike, 1/4 mile was 33 seconds @ approximately 35 mph.

Blistering speed!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great time postings! The lower gearing of those later BMX oriented Stingrays helped, no doubt.
I have a 19t I swapped out on my '76 standard - that thing can really rip off the line and beyond if you spin it up with a high cadence.

Great time postings! The lower gearing of those later BMX oriented Stingrays helped, no doubt.
I have a 19t I swapped out on my '76 standard - that thing can really rip off the line and beyond if you spin it up with a high cadence.
Thanks. This '69 does seem to move out fast. The fact that it is geared so that I am not pedaling furiously at 15-20 mph. Pedaling fast, yes, but not unreasonably fast.

Back