When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Stingray Acceleration Times

-

Dbike

Finally riding a big boys bike
Some years ago (1977) I did some acceleration runs with my '69 Stingray dirt bike. It had a speedometer back then and one of my brothers would say "go" and I called out when I reached the desired speed.

Here are the results...
0-10 mph-------- 3.2 seconds
0-15 mph-------- 4.5
0-20 mph-------- 6.0

5-15 mph-------- 4.3
10-20 mph------ 5.2

I did not try a 1/4 mile run with that bike but I did with a 10-speed I also owned. With that bike, 1/4 mile was 33 seconds @ approximately 35 mph.

Cool.
I did a 3 mile fitness test a few years back on my Trek. It was part of the Carmichael Training Method.
I don't remember the time, but it rated me as an average, but fit rider.
I never tried a 1/4 mile test.

Some years ago (1977) I did some acceleration runs with my '69 Stingray dirt bike. It had a speedometer back then and one of my brothers would say "go" and I called out when I reached the desired speed.

Here are the results...
0-10 mph-------- 3.2 seconds
0-15 mph-------- 4.5
0-20 mph-------- 6.0

5-15 mph-------- 4.3
10-20 mph------ 5.2

I did not try a 1/4 mile run with that bike but I did with a 10-speed I also owned. With that bike, 1/4 mile was 33 seconds @ approximately 35 mph.

Blistering speed!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great time postings! The lower gearing of those later BMX oriented Stingrays helped, no doubt.
I have a 19t I swapped out on my '76 standard - that thing can really rip off the line and beyond if you spin it up with a high cadence.

Great time postings! The lower gearing of those later BMX oriented Stingrays helped, no doubt.
I have a 19t I swapped out on my '76 standard - that thing can really rip off the line and beyond if you spin it up with a high cadence.
Thanks. This '69 does seem to move out fast. The fact that it is geared so that I am not pedaling furiously at 15-20 mph. Pedaling fast, yes, but not unreasonably fast.

Back